Sizzling coconut milk crepes stuffed with shrimp, wrapped in greens, and served with a savory and sour dipping sauce.
- Shrimp, shells removed1/2 pound
- Scallion, sliced3 stalks
- Coconut milk, canned1/2 cup
- Sparkling Water1 cup
- Rice Flour1 cup
- Turmeric powder1 teaspoon
- Salt1/4 teaspoon
- Cilantro1/2 bunch
- Mint5 sprigs
- Bean sprouts2 cups
- Iceberg lettuce1 head
- Vegetable Oil
- Nước Chấm (go to recipe)1/2 cup
- Step 1Place a wide nonstick pan over medium-high heat and add a small amount of vegetable oil.
- Step 2In a large bowl mix together the rice flour, turmeric, salt and coconut milk.
- Step 3While stirring the mixture, slowly add sparkling water until you get a consistency similar to pancake batter.
- Step 4Add a few shrimp to one side of the pan. Let it cook for 20-30 seconds before adding the garlic and green onions.
- Step 5Lift the pan off of the heat and pour a ladle of batter into the pan. Immedietely tilt the pan in circles to allow batter to spread evenly around the pan. If necessary, add more batter to fill any large holes in the crepe and place it back over the heat.
- Step 6Once the shrimp has changed color and is nearly cooked through add the bean sprouts and let them cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Step 7Fold the pancake in half and serve immediately with lettuce, mint leaves, cilantro leaves, and the nuoc cham dipping sauce.
- If the batter doesn't sizzle loudly when you pour it into the pan, then your pan is not hot enough!
- Feel free to substitute iceberg lettuce with any greens of your choosing.
- Serving Size:1 crepe, 187 cal
Sign up for updates