Egypt, Israel, Lebanon, Palestine
Fried and crispy fritters made of chickpeas and fresh herbs.
- Dried Chickpeas, soaked overnight1 cup
- Onion, chopped1/2 large
- Garlic, chopped3 cloves
- Fresh Parsley, chopped1/2 bunch
- Fresh Cilantro, chopped1/2 bunch
- Cumin Powder1 teaspoon
- Cilantro Powder1 teaspoon
- Salt1/2 teaspoon
- Step 1Blend the uncooked and presoaked chickpeas in a food processor with onions, garlic, parsley, cilantro, salt, cumin powder and cilantro powder. Make sure all the ingredients are completely dry before blending.
- Step 2Use your hands to gently press the chickpea and herb mixture together into small balls.
- Step 3Place a pot over medium-high heat with enough oil to submerge the falafel balls.
- Step 4Carefully drop the balls in the hot oil and do not move them until a crust has begun to form.
- Step 5Once they are browned on all sides, remove to drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Step 6Enjoy!
- Make sure all the ingredients are dry before placing them in the blender. Place the mixture in the fridge for at least 15 minutes so it can dry out even further.
- If using canned chickpeas, you MUST add flour so the mixture will bind into balls.
- Serving Size:1 ball, 57 cal
Sign up for updates